My Photo
Name:
Location: Lemoyne, Pennsylvania, United States

I am religious brother in The Brotherhood of Saint Gregory. I joined on June 3, 1979 Pentcost Sunday. I made my first vows in 1980 and Solemn vows in 1985. I was Director of Postulants and Novices and was Director of Associates

Sunday, May 22, 2011



Fifth Sunday of Easter

MAY 22, 2011


The raining weather for over the week is finally ended, and we have reached about 19 inches, well over what Harrisburg area woul receive for this year so far. The sun came out yesterday and it was 82..and sun for the next week or so, but it always happen in central PA we are prone to severe thunder showers in the evening.


I had a chance to place some new plants in garden in front of my home. I am glad I did it before the week soaking rain came.


Well my pastor's installation on May 18th in the evening went well. It was of course a heavy down pour of rain that night and flooding all over the area made it diffcult for church members to arrive. There was a good group of people that atetnded. Bishop Baxter was the celebrant. There were about 12 priests from the local churches to be with my pastor. Father Duncan asked me to participate in the service and my job was to be the Gospeller. I have never read the gospel at any service(Eucharistic) and I felt funny, but I did it with much spiritual decorum as possible. It went well. the text was from Luke 10: 1-2.


The New Testament reading was from Romans 12: 1-18. This is my haunting passge that Christ sends to me when I need to hear and read these words to get back on the right road:


"I appeal to you therefore, brothers and sistersm by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual workship. Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by renewing of your minds, so that you may discern what is the will of God-what is good and acceptable and perfect............."


God has called a good pastor to my church. He has become my spiritual director and we have had a few chats already. My depression/anxiety still overwhelm me and I do not want to leave the safety of home, but with Father Duncan's direction and he seeking me to share his ministry at Mt.Calvary beginning in the Fall.


The Daily Office sustains me each day, at home and at work.
The practice of Christ's presence in all that do in life is essential to being on the right spiritual road to eternal life.


It is so good to write a blog and express my feelings and thoughts on the spiritual life. This year on Pentecost Sunday on June 12th will be my 32nd year in the Brotherhood of Saint Gregory ( I was accpeted on June 3, 1979, Pentecost Sunday) and I will celebrate 31 years in vows this September.


To God be the Glory!

May Our Lady of Poland be with me
St. Gregory sustain me and assist me with the difficuties of life to be transformed or have a conversion experience that you experienced from one of the world to to the one of God;s world.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home